Are You Getting The Sidekick LX 2009?

2008-07-07

Making Bubbles With GIMP

I've already posted a video on "How To Make Bubbles With Adobe Photoshop" but since not everyone is able to afford this program, Now I will show you a similar tutorial for GIMP.

GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

In this video I will show you the basics on making a clear (see-through) bubble on GIMP and how to recolor it to black. Once again, this is only basics and is not a standard procedure. The bubbles can be done in other ways, you have mix what you learn and your creativity so you can get exactly what you want!



Bubbles Made On Gimp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I downloaded GIMP and made the bubble but I dont know how to make it round when i add it to the theme, if that makes any sense. see, i made the theme and the bubble was what i wanted and the right size but it had that white border and it made it square again, i was just wondering if you could just tell me how i make that go away? if you can help me that would be great my email is JROACH88@tmail.com

thanks

Weronika. said...

THIS is it! I was searching all the internet to get that kind of tutorial! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

alrightson said...

Hello Mate,

I have been searching for a long time on how to create a bubble like this, Great job my friend....

But I found the video hard to follow is there any chance of you sending me a step by step pdf tutorial on how to do this please?

My email is alrightson@msn.com

Thank you
Jason